Today's Top 10 Tuesday is brought to us by Suzanne who blogs over at A Beautiful Birth. Suzanne's blog focuses on all things Hypnobirthing and how to achieve a positive birth experience. Each post focuses on a different aspect of Hypnobirthing and aims to dispel any myths at the same time.
Top 10 Ways in which hypnobirthing may surprise you
1. Hypnobirthing is not just for 'hippies' - midwives are seeing the positive effects and are training in it themselves
2. Hypnobirthing is as much for the dad to be or birth partner as much as it is for the pregnant woman
3. Hypnobirthing releases any fears and tension that the mum may have to enable her to be excited and look forward to the birth and meeting her baby
4. Hypnobirthing empowers couples with new knowledge and skills to make more informed birth choices
5. Hypnobirthing teaches self-hypnosis to aid and promote deep relaxation
6. Often Hypnobirthing women do not require any drugs or medical interventions simply using breathing and visualisation techniques to get through the 'surges' (contractions) and 'pushing' stage, reporting shorter and less painful births.
7. There are many celebrity fans who have used Hypnobirthing including Angelina Jolie, Jaime Winstone, Fearne Cotton and Suzanne Shaw to name but a few!
8. Hypnobirthing provides dads/partners with an active role for the birth as they are trained in how to do effective massage techniques and deep relaxations in order to perform them on the birthing mother during labour.
9. Hypnobirthing promotes bonding of the expectant couple as well as both parents with the new baby
10. Hypnobirthing babies can feed more easily, sleep better and are generally more chilled out and relaxed than non-Hypnobirth babies
Thanks Suzanne - I think if I was to have anymore children I'd certainly be interested in giving hypnobirthing a try.